Server and Network Engineer
Job Title: Server and Network Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $155000.00 – $1440000.00 per annum
We are looking for an experienced Server and Network Engineer who is capable of managing and maintaining an IT department.
– Management of all IT related aspects of the department’s IT systems including support and maintenance of the current server and network infrastructure.
· Definition, and ongoing management, of processes to cover all aspects of operation including the following:
o Data management; including capacity planning and backup configuration
o Disaster recovery testing
o Licensing and software administration; tracking of all software and associated licensing requirements including liaison with Software Licensing manager where required.
o Management of user accounts and access control across the department’s IT environment; including firewall access, domain accounts, etc.
o Setup and maintenance of a structured environment for projects, covering data storage areas and development software environments.
· Generation of client datasets as required.
· Assist with system upgrades and designs.
· Maintaining system documentation.
· Processing incidents & problems escalated from the Helpdesk within clearly defined processes aligned to ITIL best practice.
· Liaison with other support teams to ensure that incidents are escalated and resolved within the Service Level Agreements.
· Flexibility to work occasional overtime and on-call may be required from time-to-time
· Flexibility to work at other locations may be required from time to time.
· Extensive experience of server operations and support. Further experience could be substituted for educational qualifications; ideally further professional qualifications
· MCSE 2003, IT or numerate discipline degree as a minimum
· Experience of supporting common server applications and operating systems including software and hardware configuration.
· Methodical self starter able to meet objectives in a timely and effective manner.
· The ability to quickly assimilate new technologies and to solve complex problems is a must.
· Excellent communication and customer facing skills.
· Calm under pressure with well developed prioritization skills.
· A willingness to take on ownership of problems to resolution.
· MCSE would be beneficial but is not essential.
· HP ProLiant Servers
· HP StorageWorks SAN
· Cisco networking equipment
· Nokia firewalls running Check Point Firewall-1
· Windows Server 2003, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
· Symantec Backup Exec
· Ipswitch WS_FTP server
This is just a normal job description that many people dream to get one, but you need to struggle and trained your self to be a qualified person that matches all above requiems, you aren’t going get your dream job easily, My suggestion that trained your self to new dimension of IT be an MCSE 2003, MCITP, CCNA, HP Technician, Comptia Technician or IBM Technician.
This is rapid changing dynamic world every this is changing we are always on move, yesterday you were able to match your challenges and successfully fulfilled it also but now you have new challenges are you prepared for it what is your stimuli or responses to those challenges,
If your preparing for career change and looking for Microsoft Certification Training the best online training provider that provide the all the and complete MCTS certification exams training in just one package, certkingdom self study training kits, save your money on bootcamps, training institutes, It’s also save your traveling and time. All training materials are “Guaranteed” to pass your exams and get you certified on the fist attempt, due to best training they become no1 site 2009 & 2010.
In addition I recommend Certkindom.com is best and No1 site of 2008 which provide the complete Windows Server 2003 certified professionals training, Microsoft MCITP Certification, Microsoft MCTS Training, Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCIE, CompTIA A+, IBM, Citrix, PMP, ISC, and lots more online training self study kits, saving your time and money on all those expensive bootcamps, conventional training institutes where you have take admission pay fees first and if you don’t want to continue no refunds no transfer to any other training course, If you planed to take CCNA or specialization in MCSE 2003 all the process starts again; as for getting online training can be much beneficial and you don’t need to take for fill any from to switch your training on any desire certification.