If you are working on electronics, know how to use digital multimeter is important. As in this industry, measuring voltage, current, resistance is often needed to do. If you know how to set digital multimeter, you can make your work easily.
Testing With a Multimeter:
1. Set your digital multimeter to AC if you want to test DC voltage, but you should set a higher range than which you expect the actual. When you don’t know what the reading will be, you can set the highest number.
2. When you want to test current, you can set the dial to AC or DC. When you need to measure the current on an open line, you set the dial to AC or DC is OK, and you can take the reading.
3. When you need to measure the capacitor, you can set the dial to the capacitance on the digital multimeter, and on lead connect on the capacitor terminals so you can take reading.
4. When you want to test the times of a wave form repeated in a time, you can set the dial to HZ. Hertz is short for HZ. You can compare the measurement with the frequency listed, at last you can average estimate the time of a wave repeated in unit time.
5. If you want to test the resistance should set the dial to the resistance on the digital multimeter. Then choose a right range and plug the test lead. You should pay attention to the contact make sure it is not corrupted. It will help you get a higher accurate reading.
Knowing the principles of how a digital multimeter works will make you more confident to use this device. Hope this article can benefit you.