The Field Technician II is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving user support requests and incidents for customers of NSPI*s managed services. The technician may field incidents via phone, email, or ticket escalations from a central service desk – and will act as the primary dispatch support mechanism for assigned customer/s. The Field Technician may be assigned to work primarily out of one or more customer office locations Monday through Friday during standard business hours, and may be required to be *on-call* for after hour*s dispatches. Regardless of technology or nature of request, the Field Technician will act as a first level escalation point, sometimes acting as primary point of contact, tracking requests for resolution or escalation and keeping customers continuously informed of status. Requests will primarily consist of user, local application, and desktop problems of varying platforms and providers. Experience will be heavily focused on desktop systems, commercial applications, network devices, and related current technologies.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL SKILLS
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Advanced: 4+ years experience providing desktop support on Apple platforms (MacOS, iOS)
* Advanced: 4+ years experience providing desktop support on Windows based workstations
* Intermediate: Experience troubleshooting network connectivity on LANs, WANs, and WLANs
* Intermediate: Knowledge of system components and how they are used
* Intermediate: Experience using Desktop Remote Control/Management software tools
* Intermediate: Experience troubleshooting network printers
* Basic: Experience with using Active Directory for password resets, group membership, domain membership, etc
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer focused demeanor
* Proven ability to work well with a team, manage stressful situations and show initiative.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL SKILLS
The following skills are preferred and helpful, but not required
* Experience working in a Service Provider environment or a large enterprise
* Experience configuring and supporting mobile devices
* Experience with Networking Protocols and Troubleshooting Network-related issues
* Experience with one or more of the following enterprise applications: Exchange Server, Citrix, CRM or ERP applications.
* Familiarity with ITIL v3 concepts and methods
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* 4+ years of related experience in a technical support role
* Preferred Computer Science or Information Technology Degree, 2 or 4 year Degree
* Preferred technical certifications, one or more: Apple, Microsoft, Cisco, or CompTIA certs
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Specific technical and/or OEM oriented training and associated certification(s) may be required to obtain while in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical Deployment and Maintenance:
* Onsite contact for all technical problems, service requests, and inquires.
* Primary internal escalation resource for central service desk.
* Supplement central service desk with remote call handling as volume and staffing requires.
* Utilize available resources to resolve onsite customer issues as quickly as possible.
* First-level contact for all incoming technical incidents, service requests, and inquires.
* Identifies and resolves recurring internal and customer desktop issues
* Ability to assess technical and business impact of an IT incident
* Responsible for making regular status updates to customers on a variety of service requests and incidents
* Verbal and written communication skills must be professional level and business oriented
* Regular communications with customers is required (both verbal and email)
* Keep customer updated on ticket status, problem resolution, or inquiries.
* Documentation of hours and work details in order to track efficiency and billing is required
* Maintain customer technical information within defined documentation standards.
* Use of ticketing / work management system to track issue and project task status
* Prioritizes ticket workload and dispatch assignments based on customer and technical impact.
* Participates in scheduled and ad hoc internal and customer specific meetings.
* Dependable and eager to learn cutting-edge technologies
* Ability to work on multiple concurrent assignments is essential
* Strong self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT: The job involves light physical work demands requiring lifting and/or carrying items up to 20 lbs. maximum; heavier items will lifted/carried with assistance from another person or by using appropriate handling equipment. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.